I have cultivated a passion for art since I was young; in the 70s I managed together with my dear friend “Saetta da San Gimgnano” or Gabriele Becucci also an art gallery in San Gimignano, which hosts famous authors such as Michele Cascella.
Since 2000 Buiani has the opportunity to entirely apply himself to painting.
Alberto Buiani was born in San Gimignano and the dream of this place remains in his artworks, he paints it not as it is in reality, but as he reminds it in the memories of youth.
His painting is material, rich of corporeal mixtures, which makes the picture alive, so that it’s made as a real decoration object. Moreover, everything is completed by a frame – not frame which is an integrant part of the work.
The themes are principally the places where the artist lives: S. Gimignano, Poggibonsi with the surrounding countryside, the Crete of Siena, Chianti shire, and then Woods… Flowers…
He participated to the following competitions:
“San Galgano Painting Award” Chiusino, August 2003
” The Hill of Olive-trees” Rigomagno, June 2003, 2004, 2005
1st classified in Premium of Painting “Festa del Luca”, S. Gusmè (SI) September 2003, participation in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 amd 2009.
3rd classified in Premium of Painting “The Road of Art “, Casole d’Elsa 2005 August, 27th
- Personal Exhibition Hall of Culture in S. Gimignano May 2003
- Exhibition Metri’s in Poggibonsi March 2004
- Participation in the Grape Exhibition in Vagliagli September 2004
- Personal Exhibition San Martino Church in Chiusdino August 14-28, 2004
- Personal Exhibition at the event “Il colle degli ulivi” Rigomagno June 2005
- Personal Exhibition at Casole d’Elsa (Si) Palazzo Comunale 1-28 April 2006
- Participation in the Triennial Exhibition of Sacred Art San Gusmè 10-25 April 2006
- Personal Exhibition in San Gimignano (Si) 16-28 December 2006
- Participation in “Liberacollarte” 2007-2008
- Personal Exhibition at the “Piccoli Eventi” Massa Marittima August 2007
- Collective Dressing Art Certaldo Alto April 2008
- Collective Dressing Art Culture Hall San Gimignano May 2008
- Exhibition at the Art Center “L’Incontro” in Campansi in Siena May 2008 and 2009
- Exhibition at BARBERINO Val D’ELSA Year 2009
- Show Sant’Appiano year 2009
- Show Semifonte dome 2009
- Award “La Chimera Arte Arezzo” year 2010
- 58th Edition “ROART” Prize La Rotonda 2010 City of Livorno
- Collective Egyptian Museum city of Florence year 2010 in favor of the Florence Gens association
- ARTDEFENDER TOSCANA triennial exhibition from 2011 to 2014
- “Linari VIVE!” Exhibition from 18/06 to 26/06 of 2011
- Participation in the “Don Grassini Competition” in San Gimignano years 2013-2014-2015
- Exhibition “Pictures and Photos San Gimignano in Memory of Maurizio Buiani year 2018
- Castello di Fulignano Collection